In an era where digital transformation is reshaping industries, the financial sector is not far behind. The rise of contactless payments in India serves as a testament to this change. So let’s decode the No-Code Solutions for Contactless Credit Card Payments.
But how can businesses keep up without getting entangled in the complexities of coding and software development?
Here it is! Your answer.
Table of content:
- The Rise of Contactless Payments
- Understanding No-Code Payment Integration
- Streamlining Payment Acceptance without Coding
- Advantages of No-Code Solutions for Contactless Credit Card Payments
The Rise of Contactless Payments
The adoption of digital payments in India has seen a significant surge in recent years, particularly after the 2016 bank note demonetization and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
According to data from the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, the total volume of digital payments increased from 1459.02 crore INR in FY 2017-18 to 4371.18 crore INR in FY 2020-21, a six fold increase in just three years.
Among the various modes of digital payments, contactless payments have seen remarkable growth. Today, merchants can accept contactless payments using just their NFC-enabled smartphones, without the need for additional hardware.
The ease of ‘tap and pay’ and ‘scan and pay’ QR codes has made contactless payments increasingly popular.
Understanding No-Code Payment Integration
In the traditional approach, API integration relies on custom coding to link software with payment services and automate various processes. This method demands a deep understanding of coding and can be both time-consuming to develop and complicated to manage.
In contrast, no-code technology marks a transformative change in the software development landscape. It enables both individuals and businesses to swiftly design and launch intricate software solutions.
No-code payment integration facilitates the addition of payment features to cloud-based software through user-friendly visual interfaces and ready-made components. This approach allows even those with limited coding expertise to incorporate payment functionalities using drag-and-drop elements.
It’s a quicker and more user-friendly alternative to conventional APIs, making it the go-to option for those who need to become operational promptly while keeping pace with evolving payment trends.
No-code APIs and platforms come equipped with a variety of ready-to-use templates, drag-and-drop utilities, and straightforward interfaces. These features enable users to create applications, websites, and intricate workflows without the need for deep coding skills.
Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and developers frequently turn to no-code platforms to augment and extend the functionalities available in their cloud-based software solutions.
By sidestepping the challenges associated with traditional API integrations, no-code integrations accelerate the time-to-market for businesses, making their software solutions readily available in a more efficient manner.
Streamlining Payment Acceptance Without Coding
Rather than allocating precious developer hours to craft custom solutions or write multiple APIs for payment functionalities, businesses and ISVs can leverage no-code payment integration to enable payment features in a matter of minutes.
This approach bypasses the cumbersome and time-consuming steps of coding, testing, and obtaining certification from payment processors—a process that can traditionally take months.
Setting up an integration is straightforward and efficient. Users simply sign in to their software—be it POS, CRM, PMS, or ERP—and configure the necessary fields for executing a transaction, such as the amount, invoice number, and customer details.
They can also set post-approval actions like finalizing a one-time purchase, updating customer records, or sending an email receipt.
No-code payment functionalities are initiated through a browser extension and support a diverse range of payment acceptance methods, including:
- In-Person Payments: Businesses can utilize cloud-connected payment terminals that interface with any web-based software, enabling the acceptance of EMV and contactless credit card payments without any coding.
- Telephone Orders: Staff members can manually input customer payment information into a connected terminal or a payment form within their software.
- Digital Invoices: Also known as “pay by link,” these can be sent to customers via text or email. Customers can then enter their payment details to complete the transaction.
- Card Recharges: Businesses can use stored, tokenized credit card or ACH payment details from existing customers to facilitate new purchases.
- Subscription Payments: For businesses with recurring payment models, initial payment information and authorization can be used to automate future transactions.
Types of Payments Supported by No-Code Solutions
No-code payment integrations offer more than just traditional credit card processing. They can handle a variety of payment types, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit, debit, and prepaid cards, as well as:
- PIN Debit: Secure payments can be made using ATM cards.
- Mobile Wallets: Options like Apple Pay and Google Pay are supported.
- ACH Transfers: Direct bank account transfers offer a lower-cost payment method.
Advantages of Using No-Code Solutions for Contactless Credit Card Payments
No code solutions offer a myriad of advantages for businesses looking to adopt contactless credit card payment methods. Here are some of the key benefits:
Ease of Implementation
- No Specialized Skills Required: One of the most significant advantages of no-code platforms is that they don’t require specialized coding or programming skills. This makes it easier for businesses to implement contactless payment solutions without the need for a dedicated development team.
- Quick Deployment: No-code solutions can be set up in a fraction of the time it would take to develop a custom solution from scratch. This speed enables businesses to adapt quickly to market demands and customer expectations.
- Reduced Development Costs: Traditional development processes can be expensive, both in terms of time and resources. No-code platforms significantly cut down these costs by offering pre-built modules and templates that can be customized to fit specific business needs.
- No Need for Specialized Developers: The simplicity of no-code platforms eliminates the need to hire specialized developers, further reducing the overall cost of implementation.
- Flexible and Adaptable: No-code solutions are inherently scalable, allowing businesses to easily expand their contactless payment systems as they grow. New features can be added or existing ones modified with minimal effort.
- Future-Proof: As no-code platforms continue to evolve, they are likely to include more advanced features that can be easily integrated into existing systems, making your investment future-proof.
- Pre-Built Security Features: Security is a major concern when it comes to financial transactions. No-code platforms often come with pre-built security measures that are compliant with industry standards, ensuring that both customer data and financial information are protected.
- Compliance Made Easy: Keeping up with the ever-changing landscape of regulatory requirements can be challenging. No-code solutions often include features that help businesses stay compliant with local and international laws and regulations.
Convenience for Merchants
- Hardware-Free Options: As seen in the rise of NFC-enabled smartphones for contactless payments, no-code solutions can enable merchants to accept payments without the need for additional hardware, making the process even more streamlined.
The landscape of digital payments is evolving rapidly, and businesses must adapt to stay competitive. No-code solutions offer a lifeline for those seeking to implement contactless payment systems without the hassle of coding and extended timelines. From ease of implementation to robust security features, no-code platforms are the future of financial transactions. They democratize technology, making it accessible for businesses of all sizes to offer convenient and secure payment options to their customers.